However, sometimes this is not enough and it is only through the adoption of some small adjustments, seemingly obvious, that you can provide a good service to the users through a clear and intuitive site navigation.
But what are the most common mistakes that have many eCommerce websites?
Here are some examples:
- The website does not have an immediate identification of the activity or of the placement of products on the market;
- The menus are too small and navigation is disordered;
- The titles of the categories are incomprehensible due to a technical language;
- Absence of a prioritization of the information displayed on the product page;
- Scarce use of “breadcrumbs”, the result is a disorientation of the user in navigation of the pages;
- Photos cropped bad and blurry;
- Product photos all the same, with no difference between a product and the other;
- Buttons for adding to cart unclear;
- Buttons are all the same;
- Absence of insurance of the customer on product availability;
- Purchasing process too articulated which requires a very high number of clicks with the risk to discourage the user.
And if you’re considering which software to use eCommerce, visit www.webhatecommerce.com!